Welcome intermediates! You guys are my favorite.
I know this is a WIDE RANGE of people from two weeks all the way up to one year, but the real difference between you guys is your level of confidence. I know people who have sailed for 21 days and felt like they were more capable than some others who’d been sailing for several years. Depending on your level of confidence, all of the steps in the beginner’s guide may be necessary for you. If you are like most of the people who contact me though, you may have fallen into this trap:
- You have experience.
- You may have learned to sail on a small boat when you were young.
- You may have a family member who takes you out on their boat all the time.
- You may know how to drive small boats.
- You may understand the theory behind sailing.
- BUT… you just don’t feel like a sailor. I would say of the people who ask me questions, about 80% fall into this category. Here’s my advice: own your skills. Get some confidence. The only thing that makes you “a sailor” is sailing. You got this.